- Professor of the Department of Computer Engineering of the Engineering School of the Porto Polytechnic (ISEP), lecturing in Multimedia and Graphical Systems. Responsible for Virtual Sign, SEGAN and ACE projects. Director of GILT since 2014.
- Graduate and master's degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto Ph.D. in Systems and Information Technology at the School of Engineering of the University of Minho. Director of GILT (2005-2014) supervised 8 PhD thesis and 30 MSc thesis, published more than 150 articles and coordinated over 10 European projects.
Carlos Vaz de CarvalhoSub-Director
- Teacher (English/Technical Skills/Linguistics) at ISEP from the academic year 2001/2002, completed her doctoral research in the field of Communication Sciences - Audiovisual and Interactive Media at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the New University of Lisbon. GILT Leading Researcher in the field of Digital Art.
Ana BarataLeading Researcher
- Graduate in Computer Management and MSc and PhD in Multimedia Technologies from FEUP. Lecturer at ISEP. His research topics relates to teaching methodologies for advanced training. Coordinates the MELOR project and the MEDUCA platform for health education purposes. GILT Leading Researcher in the field of Multimedia and Medicine.
António Vieira de CastroLeading Researcher
- GILT Leading Researcher in the field of Research and Development on Communication Systems and Multimedia.
Jorge MamedeLeading Researcher
- MSc and PhD in Electronic and Computer Engineering by the University of Porto, Portugal. Leading Researcher in the field of Virtual Reality and Interaction.
Miguel LeitãoLeading Researcher
- Graduate in Portuguese and French Teaching, DESE in School Administration, Master in Pedagogical Supervision of Portuguese Teaching and PhD in Education, specialized in Educational Technology. Researcher on Mobile Learning, secondary school teacher, distance learning tutor and Educational Technology Masters teacher.
Adelina MouraSenior Researcher
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering - ISEP and MSc degree in Multimedia Systems from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP). PhD from the Doctoral Course in Computer Engineering. Since 1999 she is a teaching assistant at the Department of Computer Engineering of ISEP
Bertil MarquesSenior Researcher
- MSc degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, branch Decision and Control systems from the Technical University of Lisbon. Graduate degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from ISEP. His research areas are Computer Graphics and Instrumentation. He is Assistant in the Department of Electrical Engineering of ISEP.
Carlos CamposSenior Researcher
- MSc in Information Management and PhD in Computer Engineering (FEUP), Portugal. Assistant in the Department of Computer Engineering (ISEP). Several publications related to research carried out in e-learning. Other research interests include knowledge representation and interoperability of information systems.
Isabel S. AzevedoSenior Researcher
- Phd in Informatics by UTAD. Professor at the Computer Eng. Department of ISEP.
Rosa ReisSenior Researcher
- MSc degree in Computer Science from the University of Minho, on the subject of Computer-aided Machine Translation. In 2008, she received the MSc in Multimedia Technology from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), paving the way to her research into technologies to support education systems. Her research focuses on the area ofe-learning and computational tools for teaching. Other areas of interest include artificial intelligence, semantic web and ontologies.
Dulce F. MotaJunior Researcher
- Graduated in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Madeira has a MSc degree in Multimedia Technologies from the Faculty of Engineering of Porto (FEUP) where he is now a PhD student of the Doctoral Program in Digital Media. He has currently a research grant at INESC on game-based learning. He developed Funchal 500, a Role Play Game (RPG) to celebrate the 500 years of the city of Funchal.
Ricardo José Vieira BaptistaJunior Researcher
Maria MacedoJunior Researcher
- Degree in Computer Engineering from the Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto and attending the Masters in Graphics Systems and Multimedia at ISEP. With general interests in Game Developing and 3D Applications. Currently working on the ACE project, more particularly in the game design.
Marcelo NorbertoJunior Researcher
Irina SimõesJunior Researcher