ICWL is an annual international conference on Web-based learning, founded by the Hong Kong Web Society. The first ICWL was held in Hong Kong in 2002. Since then, ICWL has been held in Australia (2003), China (2004), Hong Kong (2005), Malaysia (2006), United Kingdom (2007), China (2008), Germany (2009), China (2010), Hong Kong (2011), Romania (2012), Taiwan (2013), Estonia (2014) and China (2015).
In 2016 we are going to organize the 15th ICWL conference, in Rome, Italy. It will feature a technical program of refereed papers selected by the international program committee, keynote addresses, poster & demo sessions, and a Doctoral Consortium.
In conjunction with ICWL 2016 the “1st International Symposium on Emerging Technologies for Education” (SETE) will be also held. SETE collects the traditional workshop activities managed by ICWL in the past years, and additionally features a novel organization in Tracks. Workshops and Tracks will add new and hot topics on Technology Enhanced Learning, into the 2016 overall conference experience. .
Call for Papers:
Paper Submission & Publication
Authors are invited to submit original papers reporting on research results or novel applications in technology-enhanced learning. Submissions will be handled through the dedicated Easychair page
- Submitted papers have to be formatted according to the Springer LNCS Authors Guidelines
- submitted as a PDF file.
They are subject to double-blind review process, so they should not contain authors’ names, affiliations, or any other information that may disclose authors’ identity.
The Technical Program Committee of ICWL will manage the review process and will accept submitted papers either as Full Paper (having a maximum of 10 pages) or as Short Paper (having a maximum of 6 pages).
All accepted papers presented at the conference will be published as a volume in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Personalized and Adaptive Learning
- Computer Support for Intelligent Tutoring
- Intelligent Tools for Visual Learning
- Informal Learning on the Workplace
- Web-based Learning for Oriental Languages Learning
- Game-based Learning and Serious Games
- Personal Learning Environments (PLE)
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Web 2.0 and Social Learning Environments
- HTML5 Web-based Learning
- Virtual environments and 3D graphics for e-learning
- Intelligent Learner and Group Modelling
- Learning Analytics
- Human Factors and Affective Computing for Learning
- E-Learning Platforms and Tools
- Design, Model and Framework of e-Learning Systems
- Deployment, Organization and Management of Learning Objects
- Open educational resources (OER)
- E-Learning Metadata and Standards
- Semantic Web and Ontologies for E-Learning
- Mobile, Situated and Blended Learning
- Bring your own Device (BYOD)
- Cloud-based Learning
- Pedagogical Issues
- Mobile learning
- Digital libraries and Web corpora for e-learning
- Assessment in e-learning
Papers and posters:
Abstract (EXTENDED) June 18th Paper submission (EXTENDED) June 25th Notification of acceptance July 29th Camera ready and related full registration August 20th Conference Oct. 26-29th
See the [SETE tab], from where you can reach the official SETE website.
The presentation of Workshop Proposals is OPEN. (Closing date, May 13th).
Workshop proposal acceptance is notified by one week from the submission.
Then, a deadline common to all workshops is Sept. 12th, when the Camera ready of accepted workshop papers has to be submitted, and accompanied by a full registration
- Marc Spaniol, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Caen Basse-Normandie, France
- Marco Temperini, Dept. of Computer, control and management engineering, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs:
- Dickson K.W. CHIU, Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Ivana Marenzi, L3S Research Center, Leibniz Universität, Hannover, Germany
- Umberto Nanni, Dept. of Computer, control and management engineering, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Steering Committee Representatives:
- Horace H.S. IP, City University of Hong Kong
- Elvira Popescu, University of Craiova, Romania
- Martin Homola, Dept. of Informatics Education, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Luigi Laura, Dept. of Computer, control and management engineering, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
- Filippo Sciarrone, Dept. of Engineering, Roma Tre University, Rome. Italy
- Damiano Distante, Unitelma-Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
- Andrea Sterbini, Dept. of Computer Science, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs:
- Maria De Marsico, Dept. of Computer Science, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
- Zuzana Kubincova, Dept. of Informatics Education, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Carla Limongelli, Dept. of Engineering, Roma Tre University, Rome. Italy
For any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org